Class 101s were not native to the WR, but did operate there in later life. This shot was taken at Exeter Central and shows a mixed class 101/108 Laira set P829 pausing on a service to Exmouth. Bringing up the rear is class 101 51500, originally a class 102 DMCL and new as a power-twin to Darlington shed in March 1959. The vehicle was removed from traffic at Corkerhill depot, Glasgow, in June 1998 and cut by CF Booth Rotherham in February 2009 after a long period in store at Shoeburyness.
Class 101BREXCSouth WesternWest
From DMU: pre-digital